For those of us who love bacon, but just don’t want it quick and easy, here ate the 5 best microwave bacon cookers based on reviews.
Now, I know this is not the best, or healthiest way to cook bacon. But I just want my bacon in the morning, with a sandwich and I want it fast and easy. I don’t like having to clean up afterwards. Using the microwave to cook bacon just seems quick and easy, and i don’t have all the bacon grease splattered everywhere.
Therefore, here are some of the better microwave bacon cookers currently available, based on their user review.
These are only Microwave Bacon Cookers, yes there are other easy ways to cook bacon, but this about the quick and easy, and the microwaving of bacon!
1- Progressive Microwavable Bacon Grill
The Progressive Microwavable Bacon Grill is an Amazon choice, and priced very nicely. This is good choice for making bacon and can actually be used for several other microwave cooking applications. I’m not too sure about how well it does to separate the bacon from the grease, but seems like it would work fine. Might be the next bacon maker I purchase.
There seem to be a few different version of this flat rack type of microwave cookers available, but this one seems to have the best reviews.
I have not personally used this particular microwave bacon cooker, so please leave a review below if you have.
- BACON GRILL: This Bacon Grill with Cover cooks 4-6 strips of bacon to perfection in the microwave. Its special design keeps bacon elevated so fat drips off, leaving you with a healthier breakfast side.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: The grill features a vented cover to prevent grease splatter & a recessed handle for easy removal. Also use it for sausage links & patties & other snacks like pizza rolls & taquitos.
2- Microwave Bacon Rack Cooker by Camerons Products
This is one of the microwave bacon cooker I currently have. It’s my second one of these. They last about a year (for me). I’m not sure if they could last longer, but my wife overcooked the bacon and the plastic racks melted away some. So, it might have been user error, and not a design flaw. This second has been making bacon for me for some time now and seems to work just fine without warping (I keep the wife away from my bacon!)
I personally like that I can string more bacon on the racks and the grease drips of the bacon.
Tip: I normally use a paper towel underneath the bacon, on the grease pan. It just seems to make it easier to clean up when I am done. Again, I’m a bit lazy, so I try to find easy solutions.
Aside from the possibility of melting the plastic tacks if you (or the wife) overcook the bacon, the only other negative is that the bacon is not cooked straight. But I don’t mind.
- Cooks bacon perfectly in minutes in the air – above the fat, not in it
- Just 1 minute per slice; Microwave use only
- Reduces fat up to 35%; Dishwasher safe
- Convenient tray catches fat which can be used later for frying
- Easy clean up – no fat splashes in microwave; Made in USA with specially formulated high heat plastic
- Cooks bacon in the air and not in the fat. Up to 35% reduction in fat intake
- Capture the fat in the tray -NOT on the bacon
3- Emson Bacon Wave, Microwave Bacon Cooker
I also have this one, when I want my bacon straight, this is my choice. A few things that I like is that you can microwave several slice of bacon at the same time, while keeping your juicy, salty, and divine bacon away from the grease. I know bacon might not be the healthiest food in the world, but who cares, I like it.
My problem with this one is that those skewers can warp if you overcook or the bacon gets too hot (suggestion for improvement). After they warp on me (or my wife) I just use wooden bbq skewers.
Cleaning is also a little more work, after a while you end up with stains in some of the hard to reach areas, such as the in between of the stands.
But again, I do like the design as it you can microwave the bacon straight and away from the grease.
- Dishwasher safe
- Makes bacon healthier
- Less fat and cholesterol
- Cooks bacon evenly
- Separates bacon from unwanted grease
4- WowBacon Microwave Bacon Cooker P5
Did I mention how I was lazy and tried to make life easier. Well, this bacon maker system seems pretty easy to use, and easy to clean. I will be making a purchase of this one soon. I can just see me putting a paper towel down under the bacon and making cleaning up a breeze. Yes, I have a dishwasher… (no wife jokes please)
It seems like you can cook a few different items in this device, and love the fact that it is enclosed and no chance of splashing everywhere in the microwave.
My only concern would be not being able to see my delicious bacon cooking inside this thing. I would have open it constantly and check on it’s progress so the bacon is not under or over cooked… Suggestions, how about a view port or just clear plastic so I can see the bacon cooking?
- Cooks Pork, Turkey, Chicken and Beef Bacon! Also cook scrambled / poached eggs, ramen noodles, mac n cheese, micro cakes and more
- Easy to Use – Cook 6 slices crispy bacon in about 4 minutes with No Grease Splatter! – Enjoy Healthier Bacon!
- Environment friendly – Never waste paper towels again to soak up all that grease! Dishwasher safe / BPA free. Also packaging is FSC certified or biodegradable
- Compare vs microwave bacon trays. Bacon is suspended not sitting in grease while cooking
Presto Bacon Microwave Cooker
Let me start with my original concern when I see this, sticking limp uncooked bacon in those slots… I have not tried this one yet, but I can see how nice and straight the bacon will be cooked. I can also see how easy this would be to clean, and I like easy to clean.
One of the main reasons this one made the list of best top 5 microwave bacon cookers is due to reviews. People seem to really like this bacon cooker.
If you have tried this microwave baker maker, let us know your thoughts.
- No mess! Makes 12 pieces of bacon with no messy spatters on counter or stovetop.
- The easy way to make crisp, delicious bacon in your microwave. Simple to load, serve, clean, and store.
- Bacon cooks leaner and healthier than pan-fried. Fat drips into exclusive deep base.
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe. No tiny hard-to-clean areas. Cooked bacon lifts away with the edge of a knife.
- Easy to store. Removable cooking racks stack in tray.
Other Microwave Bacon Making options.
Here are a few other options for microwave baking making.
So which is your favorite, which have you tried, loved, or hated? Give us your review of your favorite microwave bacon cookers.
I know some people just don’t like to use a microwave and want to make bacon on the stove, or oven. This was about the microwave version of cooking bacon.
I will say that I saw this bacon cooker and found it quick interesting…
It’s called the Smart Planet BNB 1BM Smart Planet Bacon Nation Bacon Master. The reviews are somewhat mixed, so if anyone has used this bacon maker I would be interested in their review or feedback on it.